Prices starting at $14.99 per page
One of the more challenging parts of writing an argumentative essay is coming up with creative and interesting argumentative essay ideas. This task can become even more challenging if you are in the middle of an argumentative essay assignment, with very little time, and are under pressure to think of good ideas for argumentative essays. Certainly, one way you can avoid the stress of thinking up argumentative essay topics is to have a “go to” list of argument essay ideas available to you at all times just like the compare and contrast essay ideas customized for you previously. This way, instead of thinking of a new idea, all you need to do is refer to your list of ideas. Writing essays is hard enough, why not make easier when we have the chance. Hopefully, you will enjoy our various ideas for an argumentative essay.
Ideas for Argumentative Essay Topics on Sports
Sports related essay topics are great for those of you who are pursuing sports while attending college. However, many of these topics should be interesting to any student, even those who are not jocks.
- High school athletes often bully other students.
- Pass or play is a good policy.
- Professional sports leagues should not be able to recruit college freshman.
- Red shirting for the purpose of sports is unethical.
- Pete Rose deserves to be in the baseball hall of fame.
- Athletes are not obligated to be role models.
- It is irresponsible and dangerous to allow anybody to pitch more than three innings before they are sixteen.
- Schools should not be able to go into debt to fund sports complexes or stadiums
- Athletes are given special treatment in school and do not always face the same consequences as non-jocks for bad behavior.
Ideas for an Argument Essay on Current Events
These topic ideas are great for History, Government, Political Science, and other related classes. You'll enjoy using one of these ideas if you are into news and politics.
- The United States should pull out of the United Nations.
- The United States government should take a stand on the issue of Scottish independence.
- Illegal immigrants should be returned to their home countries no matter how much it costs.
- The government not has spent enough time and money keeping roads, bridges, and other pieces of infrastructure in good repair.
- Everybody who wishes to vote should be forced to show a government issued identification card at the polls.
- Action must be taken to stop racial profiling in law enforcement.
- The Department of Homeland Security should be abolished, and its agencies allowed to operate independently.
- The Affordable Health Care Act is not constitutional.
- By implementing net neutrality, the government is unfairly interfering with the free enterprise system.
- Warrantless wiretapping should be abolished.
- Immediate clemency should be granted to all prisoners who were sentenced to unduly harsh prison terms under mandatory sentencing acts.
Argumentative Essay Topics on Internet, Social and Media Issues
Lately the essay topics on Internet, social and media issues rate for the famous argumentative essay. Below you can get some fresh insight on the topic.
- It is unfair and invasive for companies to spy on their employees social media accounts.
- School administrators should have the authority to punish kids for social media posts that they deem to be inappropriate.
- All news channels are biased in one way or another.
- The FCC should fine news stations who actively stump for a specific political party.
- Moderators of online gaming websites should strictly monitor activity for threats and obscenity.
- There should be an easy process to report harassment and abuse on social media websites.
- Ratings on video games are too restrictive.
- Time spent on the internet is unfairly blamed for the behavior of children.
- Internet activism is a waste of time and it accomplishes nothing.
- Restaurant owners should implement policies banning or limiting the use of cell phones.
- The older generation is being unfair when they criticize youth for their use of technology to communicate with each other.
- No child under the age of 14 should have access to a smart phone.
- Children today are not taught to solve conflicts on their own.
- Too many toys discourage imaginative play.
- Parents who are too protective are going to raise children who are overly dependent.
- Overly strict parenting will eventually result in rebellion.
Argumentative Topics for Students Interested in Science
The scientific fields are gaining popularity among students, especially females. Here are a few debate topics.
- Children need more access to hands on science activities in order to increase their interest.
- The media misrepresents scientific theories most of the time.
- Scientific collaboration is the fastest path to innovation.
- Pure science is more trustworthy than applied science.
- Climate change deniers act from purely political motivations
Keep this list on hand, and refer to it whenever you need an argumentative essay idea. Also, remember that writing help is always just a click away at GrabMyEssay.com. Because argumentative essays must address both sides of an issue, organizational structure can be challenging. As well, when time is at a premium, a solid essay may not be possible. Getting a personal writer who can craft an original, well-structured essay can be a life-saver.