Prices starting at $14.99 per page
Controversial Research Paper Topic Ideas and Advice
On one hand, writing a research paper on a controversial subject can be very interesting. For the most part, people enjoy writing about things when they have a strong opinion. People also tend to enjoy reading about controversial topics. On the other hand, however, it is very possible to become overly biased when writing on controversial topics, and to alienate your reading audience. Fortunately, you can overcome that risk by making sure that you research thoroughly and use reliable resources. Your next and probably most important concern is coming up with great research paper ideas. After all, a great topic idea nearly always results in a great research paper. If you are having problems get started with a great idea, we have spent some time organizing topic ideas that you may be able to use on your next research paper assignment.
Controversial Topics for Research Paper Assignments from Current Events
Newsworthy items almost always provide great fodder for research paper topic ideas. We have perused newspapers, news websites, and television news, and we have come up with several topics that will work very well as the basis of a controversial research paper assignment.
- Should Americans be worried about ISIS/ISIL activity within the United States?
- Will the recent Supreme Court decision about the affordable care act stop politicians from attempting to get the law repealed in the future?
- Will the FIFA scandal have a long lasting impact on international soccer?
- Should court clerks be permitted to deny marriage licenses to same sex couples?
- Is it guaranteed that Hilary Clinton will be nominated to run for president?
- Was renewing relationships with Cuba a good idea?
- Should phone records collected by the NSA be purged?
- Should the police be allowed to use drones to photograph private property?
- Do Super Pacs have an unfair influence on political campaigns?
- Should students be allowed to opt out of standardized testing?
Controversial Topics for Research Papers on Personal and Moral Issues
There are a few issues that are hot button issues simply because they garner such strong opinions in people. This may not be good for dinner time conversation, but it can definitely result in a very interesting research paper. Here are a few controversial topic ideas on personal and moral issues.
- Do adopted children have the right to contact their birth parents?
- Should parents allow their children to use Facebook before they turn 13?
- Is it immoral to higher an illegal immigrant?
- Is free ranging parenting a good idea, or simply neglectful?
- Are stricter parents better parents?
- Is it appropriate for couples to live together before marriage?
- Is it immoral to teach children about climate change and evolution?
- Should children be forced to attend church against their will?
- Should the biological father be allowed to stop the mother from obtaining an abortion?
- Should parents be required to have a college degree before they are allowed to home school their own children?
We hope that this list of controversial topics for research paper assignments is helpful to you. Writing a research paper is stressful enough, and coming up with a good topic idea can be very stressful. You may want to consider bookmarking this page so that you can return to GrabMyEssay.com the next time you need a controversial research paper topic idea. Also, keep coming back to our website to read more informative blog posts on writing college papers and other interesting subjects. Finally, please remember that grabmyessay.com has writers available 24 hours a day to work on your essays, research papers, term papers, and other documents. If you need assistance, all you have to do is click on the link to our order form!