Prices starting at $14.99 per page
Looking for Unique Research Paper Ideas?
Here you go again! Another research paper assignment, on top of everything else you have to do. Does it ever end? Yes, when you graduate.
Getting started on research paper assignments means first choosing a topic. Obviously, the topic has to relate in some way to the coursework, although sometimes in an English comp class, you will have total freedom in topic selection. But, choose a topic you must. And, as long as you will be spending hours and hours conducting research and writing about a topic, your first step should be selecting a one that interests you. Nothing is worse than spending those hours on something in which you have little to no interest!
Ideas for a Research Paper Topic – Where to Find Them
You don’t have to “go it alone” in this topic selection process. Here are a couple of places to look if you need to generate interesting research paper ideas in general topic areas of your courses.
- Look through your course notes and your textbook. Is there anything that “pops out” as a topic that might interest you? One student in a high school modern U.S. history class, read a short blurb in his text about the demand and ensuing mass production of television sets in the 1950’s, and decided that a great topic would be the impact of television on American lifestyles. He was obviously able to find a huge amount of information and research studies on this phenomenon, and wrote a great paper. Later, when he was in a college sociology class, he was able to use that high school paper as a start point for another paper on the same topic!
- Whether you are looking for research paper ideas for high school or are in a college course and looking for good ideas for research papers, the Internet is definitely a “go to” source. You can “google” research paper topic ideas by content areas and find pages of sites that will give you ideas for a research paper at your level of academic study – high school or college.
Be Different – Find Some Unique Research Paper Ideas
Your teacher or professor has been teaching this course for a long time. And s/he has read a lot of research papers on the same, common topics. Why don’t you be a bit different? Choose a more obscure topic that has some uniqueness. First, your teacher or professor will find your paper more interesting than reading the same topics with the same resources, semester after semester. Second, you will learn something new – something that has not been covered in the course curriculum per se. So, here are some ideas for research paper topics that may be a bit different:
High School Research Paper Ideas:
- Grade Inflation: Do teachers inflate grades so that students will be passed?
- Is there value in alternative medicine?
- The Innocence Project – How many have been saved?
- Is the UN relevant?
- The Right to Die
- The “Gap” Year
- Designer Babies
- Google’s Wi-Fi Balloons
Research Paper Ideas for College
- The Code of Bushido
- Nation-building as a Foreign Policy
- Trickle-Down Economics
- Religions and Terrorism throughout History
- Vestiges of McCarthyism Today
- Children as Target of Marketers
- Student Competency Testing and Promotion/Retention
- Progressive vs. Flat Tax Arguments
- Media Bias/Media as a Cause of Events
- Money and Justice
- Iran Nuclear Deal – pros and cons
- Online Porn and Free Speech
- Internet Neutrality
These lists could go on and on, but you get the idea. Do a bit of your own research and select a topic that interests you, that may be different from the normal topics, and about which there are sufficient resource materials.
Guidelines for a Good College Paper
In high school, you may have gotten away without strong thesis statements for your research papers. Your papers may have been primarily informational. In college, however, you will have to have a thesis, and writing a good research paper thesis will take some thought. Once you have selected your topic, and done a little bit of initial research, you may need to ask yourself some questions, in order to come up with a thesis. Why is this topic important? Do I have an opinion about this topic/issue? What do I want my reader to understand after reading this paper? Answering these questions will give you potential theses and serve as guidelines for a good college paper.
When You Are Stuck
You may be stuck for any number of reasons. You have too much “on your plate” right now; you just cannot find a topic that interests you; you have basic issues with collating research or composition skills. In these cases, you may want to seriously consider buying a research paper from a writing service that guarantees original and customized writing and qualified researchers and writers. These experienced writers can find unique research paper ideas and produce written works that will thoroughly impress your teacherws/professors.
Getting a research paper assignment is a “given” in most courses at the college level and quite a number at the high school level, particularly as students reach their junior and senior years. The instructional idea behind these types of assignments is a good one. Students do need to learn how to conduct research from appropriate sources for their level of study; they need to learn how to organize that research; and they need to learn how to prepare a written piece that uses that research to support a thesis.